On-going 4xx porting

Vitaly Bordug vitb at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Nov 10 10:48:13 EST 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:01:41 -0600
Josh Boyer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For those interested, I have a few things I'd like to focus on for
> 2.6.25 in regards to the current arch/powerpc 4xx porting effort.
> Below is a brief list of drivers in no particular order:
>
> PCI support
I'll look at that stuff once again. maybe it worths to head fir compromise solution in favor of replacing 32/64
ranges parsing func + a bunch of other things in one single step.

> USB (440EP(x), etc)
looks like we have code ready for that...

> I2C
Stefan's approach seems pretty close

> GPIO
> NDFC
I'd rather follow platform device wrapper way.. Big NDFC of_device rework can be done anytime later.

> RTC
>
> I'd also like to try and get the larger page size patches ported and
> merged.  If another hugetlbfs type patch shows up, that would be good
> too.  There is also the HW watchpoint support patch, and of course new
> board ports.
>
> At some point we should really be able to have a single vmlinux be
> wrapped with different zImage wrappers and .dts files and have it boot
> on those various boards just fine.  So I'll be looking at
> accomplishing that as well.  That should make new board ports fairly
> easy to do.

just my $0.02...

> josh

Sincerely, Vitaly