[RFC] Rework of i2c-mpc.c - Freescale i2c driver

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:41:39 EST 2007

On 11/5/07, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:
> >> If you mean legacy-style client drivers, why not?
> >
> > i2c_new_device() doesn't work with legacy-style client drivers.
>
> No, but they should still work the old way.

I'm not in favor trying to support both legacy and new style i2c
drivers.  It took me all of five minutes to convert an existing legacy
driver to the new style. Pretty much all you need to do is delete code
(about 100 lines). So I'd recommend converting the drivers we are
interest in instead of trying to support both types.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com