Freescale I2C support and CONFIG_I2C_BOARDINFO

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:01:58 EST 2007

Freescale I2C support is being constructed as a platform driver in
arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c and protected with #ifdef
CONFIG_I2C_BOARDINFO. Could the I2C support instead be initialized in
drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c as an of_platform driver instead? I'm
find it confusing that half my drivers are platform drivers and half
are of_platform drivers. It would also eliminate the need for the
ifdef.

I'll trying coding it up and see if it works.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com