Fix problems with Holly's DT representation of ethernet PHYs

David Gibson dwg at au1.ibm.com
Wed May 30 11:26:09 EST 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:43:38AM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > +		MDIO: mdio at 6000 {
> >  			device_type = "mdio";
> > -			compatible = "tsi-ethernet";
> > +			compatible = "tsi-mdio";
>
> Hrm, did I miss this before?  A more exact "compatible"
> property would be better ("tsi109-mdio" "tsi108-mdio" or
> something like that).

Hrm, yeah.  I thought about that, but left it as tsi-mdio to match the
other rather non-specific compatible properties ("tsi-ethernet",
"tsi-brige", "tsi-i2c" and so forth).

But I guess I'd better fix that too.  Next version of the patch fixes
a whole bunch of places to use tsi108/tsi109 compatible properties.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson