[patch 5/7] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Sat May 26 07:22:57 EST 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2007, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > I don't really understand what the kthread is needed for. You probably
> > > thought about multiple options and ended up with this, but having
> > > a comment in front of it might be helpful.
> >
> > I used a kthread because the request function of a block device driver must be
> > non-blocking, and ps3stor_read_write_sectors() calls wait_for_completion().
>
> Ok, but why does it call wait_for_completion() then?
> I thought you could end_that_request_* from the interrupt handler instead.

Actually I tried that first, but I ran into other problems, like my request
handler being called continuously and requests gotten stuck. But maybe it was
just a locking bug on my side.

I can retry, but a disadvantage will be that there will be less code shared
with ps3flash and ps3rom.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1