Xilinx git tree at source.mvista.com

Wolfgang Reissnegger wolfgang.reissnegger at xilinx.com
Fri May 25 14:26:14 EST 2007

David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
> Wolfgang Reissnegger wrote:
>> Hi Andrei, David,
>>
>> It's great to hear that Andrei's git tree is active again.
>>
>> As you might have heard, Xilinx is in the process of setting up a git
>> tree as well. Right now we are waiting for the new hosting machines to
>> be installed. We should get those machines up and running shortly
>> (within a couple weeks).
>>
> Absolutely fantastic - however I think kernel.org would be happy to host
> your git tree for you
> as well as a few other places. Those are locations people would look for
> public git trees.
> I beleive you can still excecise some control. I beleive they are free -
> though I suspect kernel.org would not
> mind contributions from xilinx.

I agree, and I already requested kernel.org site hosting a while back,
but I did not get a response yet.

[snip]

> For me the most significant issue is the bazillion layers of nested
> macro's and includes.

I don't see the macros as an issue, just look at the implementation of,
for example, spin_lock_irq() and Xilinx's macros seem like child's play :-)
As for includes, yes, there are a few too many header files. But, as
time progresses and the need arises they can be merged into fewer files.