powerpc 750cl availability

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:54:45 EST 2007

On 5/21/07, Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com> wrote:
> Here's a long shot - have you tried IBM and Tundra? :D
>
> Both should be highly available right now. You could try one of the
> larger electronic suppliers (Arrow, AVnet, EDV) on the phone, sometimes
> they just don't put it on the website as they're more special orders,
> but they can all get anything you like.

i found them in avnet.  i found out that you actually have to try
different combinations of letters and punctuation. the 750cl is
actually less then 60 usd for one piece.

the tsi-110 is nowhere to be found though. i think i have to call
tundra in hong kong. otherwise i will settle for the tsi-109.

i will be publishing the schematic and pcb layout. i dont have enough
resources to actually test it. i guess i just have to take the risk of
simulating the entire board, send the pcb to the fab, populate, reflow
and cross my fingers and then flip the switch...

if magic smoke escapes, order another set...

i think i will not be going on a vacation for the next five years ;-)