Small fixes for the Ebony device tree

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue May 15 16:46:09 EST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007, David Gibson wrote:
> Anyone have any objection to the following:  each of these controllers
> should have compatible properties listing 3 string, first, a specific
> version for the CPU in question (e.g "ibm,sdram-440gp"), then a string
> based on the type as listed below, finally "ibm,sdram-4xx".
>
> > SDRAM:		all 40x (except for 405EZ)
>
> 	ibm,sdram-40x
>
> > DDR:		440GP, 440GX, 440EP, 440GR
>
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr
>
> > DDR2:		440SP, 440SPe
>
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr2
>
> > DDR2 (Denali):	440EPx, 440GRx
>
> 	ibm,sdram-44x-ddr2denali

Why "ibm,xxx"? Is this for the CPU core? Or for the SDRAM controller core?
Both are not IBM in this case.

> Seem reasonable?

I forgot the new 405EX which will be equipped with a DDR2 controller (not sure
right now if it's the Denali or the other core right now). So we should
probably drop this 40x/44x completely. Does this make sense?

Best regards,
Stefan