Building ppc/powerpc kernel to run under QEMU.

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Fri May 11 08:07:52 EST 2007

QEMU really really wants a PREP kernel, and that stuff's just not in the new
arch/powerpc tree anymore is it?

I'd love to see the device tree once QEMU's kernel has booted :D

I wonder.. would it be useful to have a qemu platform in arch/powerpc and
for someone to start hacking in devices from a non-emulated point of view?
It seems a bit of a waste in my mind to emulate a network card, serial port
IDE interface, ADB (yick!) and a VESA graphics adapter in such 'detail' when
it can be passed back to the emulation somehow through some kind of clever
call interface (maybe just have the zero page of the emulation contain a
bunch of 'ports' which are really function calls pointers..?)

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations