vm changes from linux-2.6.14 to linux-2.6.15

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 10 16:29:43 EST 2007

> We never seemed to reach completion here?

Well, I'm waiting for other people comments too... as I said earlier,
I'm not too fan of burrying the update_mmu_cache() inside
ptep_set_access_flags(), but perhaps we could remove the whole logic of
reading the old PTE & comparing it, and instead have
ptep_set_access_flags() do that locally and return to the caller wether
a change occured that requires update_mmu_cache() to be called.

That way, archs who don't actually need update_mmu_cache() under some
circumstances will be able to return 0 there.

What do you guys thing ?

Ben.