vm changes from linux-2.6.14 to linux-2.6.15

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 10 08:48:02 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 20:44 +0100, Mark Fortescue wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Is it worth formally sending in either of my patches or does more work
> need to be done first?

Sorry, I've been busy with other things...

What do other thing about it ? Having update_mmu_cache() call buried
inside the ptep_set_access_flags() sounds good ? Somebody has a better
idea ?

One thing I was thinking was that we could replace the whole logic with
having ptep_set_access_flags() compare the new PTE bits with what was
already there and return wether an update_mmu_cache() is required....

Ben.