powerpc_flash_init(), wtf!?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 3 22:29:13 EST 2007

>     It doesn't seem a flexible enough approach. We could continue using
> platform devices then.

The problem is trivial enough tho... who ends up creating an
of_platform_device for that rom node ... to be picked up by the driver.

Creating of_platform devices is platform code responsibility... either
by calling of_platform_bus_probe() (or whatever I called it ...) to
generate them from known bus type or by creating them directly, that
doesn't matter, that's still platform code business.

Ben.