PTE entries

Siva Prasad sprasad at bivio.net
Thu May 3 05:58:20 EST 2007

Hi Ben,

First,
Are there any other places where we have self modifying code in Linux
kernel, other than in arch/powerpc/mm/ppc_mmu_32.c:MMU_init_hw()
(basically modified create_hpte and flush_hash_page)

Second,
Instead of using addis, why can't we move it from SDR1 register and mask
the second half. SDR1 has the required value. Right?
May be I am missing something here.

Thanks
- Siva