Correct location for ADC/DAC drivers

Stefan Roese ml at stefan-roese.de
Tue May 1 22:35:44 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm in the stage of integrating some ADC and DAC drivers for the AMCC 405EZ
PPC and looking for the correct location to place these drivers in the Linux
source tree. The drivers are basically character-drivers, so my first thought
is to put them in "drivers/char/adc/foo.c" or "drivers/char/adc_foo.c". Is
this a good solution?

Any suggestions welcome (could be that I missed an already existing example).

BTW: I am aware of the hwmon subsystem, but I don't think it fits my needs in
this case.

Best regards,
Stefan