Fedora Core 6 or 7 on PPC?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 19 23:04:42 EST 2007

Dear Arnd,

in message <200703190134.26030.arnd at arndb.de> you wrote:

> I don't have an up-to-date version of it right here, but in case you
> are trying to do an installation of the minimal rpm files from a
> running system, I can recommend the following procedure:
>
> rpm --root /fc7/ --initdb
> rpm --root /fc7/ -ivh --nodeps ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/Mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/linux/core/development/ppc/os/Fedora/fedora-release-*.noarch.rpm
> yum --installroot=/fc7/ -y groupinstall Base

Thanks a lot - that was exactly what I was looking for without knowing
that it exitsts.

Where did you get this  information  from?  The  man  page  does  not
explain any of the group* actions ?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The main thing is the play itself. I swear that greed for  money  has
nothing  to  do with it, although heaven knows I am sorely in need of
money.                                           - Feodor Dostoyevsky