Updated ps3fb usage?

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Mar 7 06:19:58 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Edward Strong wrote:
> Hi, I've just done a pull on Geoff's PS3 kernel git and I've noticed you
> can't change the videomode as a kernel parameter in kboot.conf anymore.
> Has this feature been modified or removed completely?  I only ask because
> I seem to be stuck in an unusable video mode at boot.

I modified ps3fb to support the standard fbdev modedb framework, so you should
be able to say e.g. `video=720p' or `video=ps3fb:720p' now.

It should still work the old way (`video=ps3fb:mode:%u'), though (I'll give it
a try when I get back to the office).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1