problems with pci bus on a pm520 board

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 1 09:03:24 EST 2007

> 11.* is the usb controller

Three OHCIs or is one an EHCI?

> However, if I compile the usb driver in and try to
> boot. The system stucks somewhere at ohci_init or ohci_run without
> doing
> anything till I switch the power off. I attached a bdi to the system
> and
> found out that the system always stucks at the instruction lwbrx, which
> is called by ohci_readl().

32-bit PCI read I suppose.  Use the BDI to figure out what
address is accessed, and what source code corresponds to
this access.

> Seemed that the usb driver failed to acces
> some mapped io memory address somehow.

Yeah.

> The funny thing is that the e100
> driver also does some reading calls on iomem in the initialisation,
> such
> as readb() in e100_eeprom_read(). It however doesn't cause system
> freezing and the driver quits with an error message that the eeprom is
> corrupted. I suppose the problem is somehow still on the pci
> configuration in the device tree.

Linux normally is perfectly happy if you leave out all of
the PCI devices from your device tree (except the root
bridges of course).

> Hence I suppose the file is still not OK. Anybody could help me with an
> idea where I still could look for or give me some detailed information
> on the format of device tree?

Sure, post it.

> Along with this mail I attached my dts file.

No you didn't.

Segher