Please pull from 'for_paulus' branch

Andreas Schwab schwab at suse.de
Sat Jun 30 18:49:45 EST 2007

Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> writes:

> Andreas Schwab writes:
>
>> Is your assembler older than 4 years?
>
> No, well, at least not unless Debian sid is seriously behind the
> times.  It's version 2.17 from the Debian binutils 2.17-3 package.

Probably some debian patches messed it up.  I'd suggest reporting that
to them.  FWIW, the unmodified assembler gives this error when operating
in 32bit mode:

$ echo 'sldi 0,0,10' | as
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rldicr'

But just addding -many (which gcc always passes) will let the assembler
accept this.

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab at suse.de