[patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Tue Jun 19 17:06:43 EST 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, David Miller wrote:
> What I really care about is what will work transparently for existing
> userspace.  In particular, distribution installers and existing tools
> like fdisk.
>
> When a slice it being exported, it's not being exported like that so
> that the client can just spam a disk label into it, it's for exporting
> one slice.  So we might want (using the scsi naming as an arbitrary
> example case) /dev/sda1 to be created but not /dev/sda
>
> How exactly do you envision this kind of thing working?

How do distribution installers handle USB disks and memory cards? Some tend
to be partitioned, some don't.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619