[patch 00/13] CPU selection Kconfig cleanup, take 3

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jun 16 10:46:40 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 08:33 -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:46 PM, Paul Mackerras wrote:
>
> > Most of this series of patches touch 8xxx or 5xxx stuff in one way or
> > another, so I'll leave it to Kumar to make the decision about them.
> > I'll put in 1/13.
>
> Arnd,
>
> I'm a little hesitant to move the embedded ppc's over to
> multiplatform quite yet.  One feature I wanted was in Kconfig a way
> to enforce the selection of at least one choice, as well as being
> able to optimize things since we only had one choice selected.
>
> See the following thread for discussion I had with Sam & Roman on the
> subject:
>
> http://marc.info/?t=117156757000002&r=1&w=2

I missed that discussion... but without actually reading it (yet), I can
already tell that I don't like the way you propose it. I would much
prefer the CONFIG_xxx_ONLY_ONE be -generated- by the multiple choice
menu if only one choice has been selected.

That could be an optional argument to the menu stuff to set that.

Ben.