[patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Jun 16 09:11:02 EST 2007

> That sounds like a good idea for my virtual I/O case on
> Niagara too actually :-)

It was actually meant semi-seriously in that drivers/ata sits on top of
the abstract parts of drivers/scsi which James keeps asking for someone to
get split properly off and which would sort all these out.

> Another quirk I have to deal with is that under LDOMs you
> can export full disks and also just slices.  So I'll have
> to get down into the partition machinery to support that
> somehow.

If your slices don't fit the PC worldview you might want to look at
dmraid and just use device mapper to handle them. It is a lot more
flexible and we could actually bin all our partition code and use this
but for back compatibility.

Alan