[patch 00/13] CPU selection Kconfig cleanup, take 3

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jun 14 23:33:19 EST 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:46 PM, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Most of this series of patches touch 8xxx or 5xxx stuff in one way or
> another, so I'll leave it to Kumar to make the decision about them.
> I'll put in 1/13.

Arnd,

I'm a little hesitant to move the embedded ppc's over to
multiplatform quite yet.  One feature I wanted was in Kconfig a way
to enforce the selection of at least one choice, as well as being
able to optimize things since we only had one choice selected.

See the following thread for discussion I had with Sam & Roman on the
subject:

http://marc.info/?t=117156757000002&r=1&w=2

- k