[patch 29/30] PS3: Device tree source.

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Jun 13 14:52:20 EST 2007

Hi Geoff,

Not much that can be wrong in this tree, so I'll get really
pedantic, so you can have the best device tree ever ;-)

There is one real bug though.

> +/ {
> +	model = "PS3 Game Console";

model = "sony,some-model-number" or similar

> +	compatible = "PS3";

name = "sony,ps3"

> +	/*
> +	 * Need to keep linux,platform for a while, not used by kernel.
> +	 */

Why that?

> +	 * Seems the only way currently to indicate a processor has multiple
> +	 * threads is with an ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s entry.

Yes, a better way should be defined.  Any suggestions?

> +		CBE,PPE {

PowerPC,CBE at 0 or cpu at 0 -- the important thing is you need
the @0 unit address.

> +			device_type = "cpu";
> +			ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s = <0 1>;
> +			clock-frequency = <0>;
> +			timebase-frequency = <0>;
> +			i-cache-size = <8000>;
> +			d-cache-size = <8000>;

I thought DL1 was 64kB, I might be wrong though?

Segher