[patch 00/18] PS3 patches for 2.6.23

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jun 13 05:25:19 EST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, Geoff Levand wrote:

> > The dependent series is currently split per file.   While this makes it
> > easier to see what a given area looks like after all the patches, it
> > means that the kernel compile will break during the series.  Breaking
> > git bisect is frowned upon, so it will need to be re-split for merge.
> > (Or disable the ps3 system bus during the merge of the series).
>

> Yes, I realize the state of the patches.  I will try to rework them for
> the next round.  As the existing PS3 support is incomplete, I don't
> think there will be many doing a git-bisect with PS3 support enabled.

I think it's ok to split the patches like this for review purposes.

For the upstream merge, it's probably best if Geoff commits all
patches with cross-dependencies as a single git checkin, and asks
Paul (or me) to pull from there. That will take care of the git-bisect
problem, and give a nicer changelog at the same time.

Of course, patches that only have directed dependencies should go
in as separate changesets whereever that makes sense.

	Arnd <><