[patch 02/10] powerpc: Move CONFIG_PPC64 into CPU selection

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Tue Jun 12 21:11:20 EST 2007

Arnd Bergmann writes:

> Can you eleborate, other than stating the exact opposite of what
> my comment said?

It's mostly subjective, I guess.  None of the reasons you've cited
seem at all compelling to me, and if we change this stuff then we'll
all get unnecessary questions next time we make a kernel.  Anyway I
like it the way it is, and I'm the maintainer. :)

> * The only major difference between ppc64 and the others is the
>   object format of the kernel binary.

I disagree with that.  There are major differences at the
implementation level for a lot of things.

Paul.