83xx GPIO/EXT int in arch/powerpc/

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Tue Jun 5 05:25:59 EST 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 04:56, Marc Leeman wrote:

> I am moving my boards from arch/ppc/ to arch/powerpc/ and am trying to
> use the MPC83xx_IRQ_EXT? pins.
>
> The device (hardcoded to use 23 as with the arch/ppc/ config, EXT7)
> does not signal the ints to the CPU.
>
> The only reference I find to this usage in arch/powerpc/ is in
> arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mpc834x_itx.h, which is most likely
> something left over while moving from arch/ppc/
>
> Probably, I need to enable them in the dts tree (?) but since it's
> a PCI
> device that uses a GPIO pin for signalling interrupts, I'm trying to
> find out where and how to configure this.

Wow.  Hardware designers sure like to make things easy, don't they?

I'm assuming it's a PCI device on the board (and not in a slot).

I believe you're ok if you explicitly define the node, and point it
at the IPIC for its interrupt.  Something like this:

pci1: pci at 8000 {
	my_pci_device at 0 {
		interrupts = <irq#, sense>;
		interrupt-parent = <&ipic>;