pq2fads support...

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Sat Jul 28 02:35:29 EST 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:24:08PM +0300, Alexandros Kostopoulos wrote:
> In your patch for the pq2fads support, the device tree seems to be missing
> a memory node, for which dtc complains loudly. Is this board tested to
> boot with these patches (because I'm now using this as a template for my
> board - with your patchset applied to Paul's git)

Sorry about that -- dtc complains about a lot of silly things, falsely
assuming that the result is intended to be a complete tree ready for
passing to Linux (which is rarely true).  I'd been running with a patch
to remove some of those checks, but it got rejected, and I forgot to
stick the templates back into the dts.

The next patchset will have a dts that works with current dtc; in the
meantime, you can add the -f flag to dtc in arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper, or
add the missing nodes based on the mpc8272ads device tree (the actual
information will be filled in by the bootwrapper).

> PS. What's about this new cpm-serial driver? is this supposed to be a
> replacement for cpm_uart?

No, it's a minimal driver for the bootwrapper.

-Scott