[patch 2/3] ps3: BD/DVD/CD-ROM Storage Driver

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Thu Jul 19 19:02:07 EST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > +struct ps3rom_private {
> > +	struct ps3_storage_device *dev;
> > +	struct scsi_cmnd *curr_cmd;
> > +};
> > +#define ps3rom_priv(dev)	((dev)->sbd.core.driver_data)
> > +
>
> Someone should invent a keyboard which delivers an electric shock when the
> operator types "#define".   In the meanwhile, I get to do the honours.
>
> Please don't implement in a macro anything which can be implemented in C.

All I needed was a shorthand to access driver_data, for both read and write
access (you cannot do the latter with C, unless you decouple read and write).

> > +			kaddr = kmap_atomic(sgpnt->page, KM_IRQ0);
> > +			if (!kaddr)
> > +				return -1;
>
> kmap_atomic() cannot fail.  On i386, at least.  If it can fail on any other
> arch then we have a biiiiig problem.  (Multiple instances of this)

Thanks, fixed!

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619