regarding cpm_uart and platform_bus_type

Alexandros Kostopoulos akostop at inaccessnetworks.com
Tue Jul 17 21:55:30 EST 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering, since arch/powerpc is now based on device trees,
shouldn't the cpm_uart driver (or at least a branch of it for
arch/powerpc) be changed to use of_platform_bus_type instead of
platform_bus_type? In my opinion, cpm_uart driver should take all its
configuration (uart address base, ints etc) from dts (via the of_platform
code) without any intervention from board specific code. In any case,
given the current situation, how can I pass cpm_uart the address/irq of
the uarts? by hardcoding it in my board specific code? mpc82xx_ads.c
doesn't seem to have such code, and I was wondering how SCC uarts work in
this platform? Who initializes them?

thank you

Alex