Tickless Hz/hrtimers/etc. on PowerPC

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Fri Jul 13 06:12:18 EST 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Matt Sealey wrote:
> Michael Neuling wrote:
> >> And I don't want to run -rt or wireless-dev for the benefit of a single
> >> feature. What I am after is something like Ingo Molnar throws out..
> >> single patches done the old way, not git trees. It's so much easier to
> >> handle and integrate for example into a Gentoo ebuild or to make a
> >> tarball of accumulated patches from a certain release kernel.
> >
> > I'm sooo with ya.  I like my patches alphabetised, but no one ever does
> > it for me.
>
> Well my only requirement is numbering them so they patch in order; there
> are some cute little requirements on that, but I'd rather patch the bare
> minimum and bring in as few quirks and new features than just grab an
> entire -rt tree with what amounts to 60 or 70 individual patches and
> start renumbering them.

That's why quilt uses a series file, so the patch names don't have to be
ordered.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619