PowerPC equivalent to dma_mmap_writecombine()?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Sat Jul 7 06:19:38 EST 2007

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> Not sure exactly what arm does here, but it sounds like you want
> to call remap_pfn_range with the _PAGE_NO_CACHE bit set in the
> protection flags, and _PAGE_GUARDED not set.

I always have a hard time with these mapping functions.  Is this right?

vma->vm_page_prot = __pgprot((pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) | _PAGE_NO_CACHE) &
~_PAGE_GUARDED));

ret = remap_pfn_range(vma, vma->vm_start, runtime->dma_addr, runtime->dma_bytes,
vma->vm_page_prot);

Alternatively, could I use function snd_pcm_lib_mmap_iomem() (sound/core/pcm_native.c)?
It looks like it does the right thing, although it doesn't unset the guarded bit.  If
that's wrong, I can submit a patch to unset that bit on PowerPC, but like I said, I can
never quite get my head around this mapping stuff.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale