powerpc stacktrace and lockdep support

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Jul 6 20:59:37 EST 2007

Sergei, Thanks for your review!

>     I suggest to also remove these 3 lines from the heading comment in this
> file -- they're not true anyway:
>
>   * This file gets included from lowlevel asm headers too, to provide
>   * wrapped versions of the local_irq_*() APIs, based on the
>   * raw_local_irq_*() macros from the lowlevel headers.

Good point.

> > +#ifdef CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS
> > +#define TRACE_DISABLE_INTS bl .powerpc_trace_hardirqs_off
> > +#else
> > +#define TRACE_DISABLE_INTS
> > +#endif
> > +
>
>     Erm, weren't those supposed to be in <asm-powerpc/irqflags.h>?

I guess they could be there. I was mucking my way through ;)

>     The following code seemed over-engineered:

Yeah, perfectly correct. See my last mail to this thread from this
morning.

>     Again, could have been more compact... unless trace_hardirqs_*() calls
> need to be in certain order WRT writes to PACASOFTIRQEN -- if so, in the 1st
> case that I've pointed out the order was not identical (probably wrong?)...

Yeah, there is an ordering requirement and it was wrong in that version
of the patch.

> > +/*
> > + * crappy helper for irq-trace
> > + */
> > +
> > +#include <asm/ppc_asm.h>
> > +#include <asm/asm-offsets.h>
> > +
> > +#define STACKSPACE	GPR0 + 16*8
>
>     I guess this should be 16*4 for PPC32.

>     Didn't you forget to add GPR0 to the offsets here?

>     You certainly did. I bet you're clobbering GPR11/12 (if I didn't miscount)...

All correct. That might even be why it didn't work on 32-bit for me and
then I gave up. In any case, I completely rewrote this file.

johannes