current-speed property in serial devices causes kernel panic

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Jul 3 06:01:42 EST 2007

Timur Tabi wrote:
> The kernel panic occurs only if I call of_platform_bus_probe().

FYI, thanks to Kumar, I found the problem: I had CONFIG_SERIAL_OF_PLATFORM enabled.  This
causes of_serial.c to be compiled and loaded.  On my platform, that wasn't doing anything
because initially I wasn't calling of_platform_bus_probe().  When I added that call to my
platform code, of_serial.c sprang to life and tried to probe the serial nodes in my device
tree.  Apparently, of_serial.c is not compatible with fsl_soc.c.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale