2.6.22-rc6-mm1

Jason Wessel jason.wessel at windriver.com
Mon Jul 2 23:49:16 EST 2007

Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Mariusz Kozlowski wrote:
>

>> 	allmodconfig on powerpc (iMac g3) fails due to
>> git-kgdb.patch. allmodconfig defaults should be changed?
>>

>>   CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/kgdb.o
>> arch/powerpc/kernel/kgdb.c:485:2: error: #error Both XMON and KGDB selected
>> in .config. Unselect one of them.
>> make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/kgdb.o] Blad 1
>> make: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel] Blad 2
>>

>     I'm not sure if this will work out but maybe it's worth to disable XMON if
> KGDB is selected, like this?
>
> config XMON
> 	bool "Include xmon kernel debugger"
> 	depends on DEBUGGER && !KGDB

It did not seem that you can make a radio button / multi-select kernel
config option unless the options are in the same Kconfig file.  Given
that xmon and kgdb are mutually exclusive at the moment.

What Sergei mentioned is the fix that needs to be used for the time being.

Attached is the patch I put in the for_mm branch in the linux-2.6-kgdb
git tree.

Jason.