options for root file system for MPC8548

Morrison, Tom tmorrison at empirix.com
Wed Jan 31 09:19:15 EST 2007

Hi,

I've seen a couple threads about root file systems and such,
but I am hoping this is slightly more detailed in what I am
looking for!

What is the best means to generate/use/support a root file system?

I can download and use ELDK to generate one, but it doesn't look
like it has all the library / utility package support required by
my application (e.g.: perl).

We do NOT want to use LTIB (supplied by Freescale) to create one
(for multiple reasons - including the same as ELDK).

I could purchase one via RedHat or MontaVista (but they are
expensive and their kernel support is behind).

Has anyone any experience with LinuxLink (TimeSys)
http://lldn.timesys.com.
It looks promising - but I'd like to hear if others have used them?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Morrison
Principal Software Engineer

EMPIRIX