2.6.20-rc6: known unfixed regressions (v2) (part 2)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 29 18:13:09 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Mike Galbraith wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm git impaired.  I am rummaging as we speak though.

Ok, I'm personally heading to bed, but it rally should be as simple as

 - get the git tree in the first place
 - do

	git bisect good v2.6.19
	git bisect bad v2.6.20-rc2
	.. it will pick a point for you to try ..
	.. compile, boot, test ..

	"git bisect {good|bad}" depending on results

 - until (found)

(Of course, you should check that -rc2 really is bad to make sure. I think
that's what Uwe reported, though. And I don't think we've done anything
after -rc2 that could impact this, so I don't doubt it).

		Linus