[RFC/PATCH 14/16] MPIC MSI backend

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jan 26 20:11:57 EST 2007

> MPIC MSI backend. Based on code from Segher, heavily hacked by me.
> Renamed to mpic_htmsi, as it only deals with MSI over Hypertransport.

More exactly: it only deals with MSIs that are translated
by some whatever-to-HT bridge into a normal HT interrupt.

> We properly discover the HT magic address by reading the config space.

...config space of that bridge.

> Now we have an irq allocator we can support > 1 MSI, and we don't
> reuse
> the LSI.

Right, that's what I asked about in the other thread, so
the FIXME in htmsi_alloc() can indeed go.

Why is MSI-X still unsupported?  Simply because of lack
of testing?  (See htmsi_check()).

Looks good,

Segher