[RFC/PATCH 14/16] MPIC MSI backend

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Fri Jan 26 17:43:52 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 07:34:16PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> MPIC MSI backend. Based on code from Segher, heavily hacked by me.
> Renamed to mpic_htmsi, as it only deals with MSI over Hypertransport.
> +		/* FIXME should we save the existing type */
> +		set_irq_type(virq, IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_RISING);

What exactly does the "virq" represent here?
I'd like to understand if the FIXME comment could be dropped (or not).

I don't get the impression it's related to a PCI IRQ line.
Maybe irq_create_mapping() has comments that describe hwirq and virq?
If not, it would be useful if those terms were described.

thanks
grant