[patch][0/5] powerpc: Add support to fully comply with IEEE-754 standard

Zhu Ebony-r57400 ebony.zhu at freescale.com
Thu Jan 25 19:25:32 EST 2007

> No, I think the round handler should try to do the rounding
> by hand.
> Since you have the non rounded information provided by HW,
> its much simpler to just do the rounding step.

Hi Kumar,

I have some new thoughts about rounding handler.
Suppose we set SPEFSCR[FRMC]=0b10 (rounding towards +Inf) and
a normal "efsmul" may generate rounding interrupt. At this time,
according
to manual, unrounded (truncated) result is placed in the target
register. Please
note the target register contains a hexadecimal representation of a
floating point number. Since it represents a floating point number
exactly
so we can not round it anymore.

Maybe we still need to emulate the whole "efsmul" instruction by
software.

What do you think? Any idea is appreciated!

B.R.
Ebony