Xserve G5 doesn't reboot or restart properly with SMU compiled in

Massimiliano Vegni m.vegni at it-systems.it
Thu Jan 25 09:50:44 EST 2007

Ok Ben,

didn't know anything about RTC class reliability.
Maybe I can tell you more, i've tried even more configurations and i was
able to lock up my machine in several ways....
Here the list of drivers that caused the problems...

RTC Class + Dallas/Maxim DS1307 .... the bogus one

Maxim/Dallas Semiconductor DS1374 Real Time Clock in Miscellaneous I2C
Chip Support or DS1337...

and of course Support for SMU based macs....

I started thinking about something in the hardware RTC that causes
trouble to the firmware on the next boot.
By the way... still no working RTC.....

Ciao.

Massimiliano