[patch][5/5] powerpc: Add the general support for Embedded Floating-Point instructions

Zhu Ebony-r57400 ebony.zhu at freescale.com
Fri Jan 12 21:23:11 EST 2007

Yes, you are. If CONFIG_SPE is set, I want some files in arch/powerpc/math-emu be built.
The original kernel will build math emulation only if CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION
is set. I don't want to break it.

CONFIG_SPE doesn't force the whole math emulation to be built. If CONFIG_SPE is set,
only the new SPFP/DPFP/VSPFP instructions in arch/powerpc/math-emu will be built,
while the previous FPU instructions won't. This is controlled by Makefile in
arch/powerpc/math-emu

Therefore, what I'm trying to do is to build directory arch/powerpc/math-emu if
CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION or CONFIG_SPE is set. Do you have any idea?

Thanks.
Ebony