[BUG] flash failure with CONFIG_RTAS_FLASH=m

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Mon Jan 8 12:09:04 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 18:04 -0600, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:49:51 -0600 Nathan Lynch <ntl at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem doesn't happen if CONFIG_RTAS_FLASH=y.
> >
> > What's the best way to fix this?  Should rtas_firmware_flash_list be
> > defined in some non-modular code and exported?
>
> Makes sense to me.
>
> You could allocate it dynamically really early (i.e. lmb_alloc) since
> that's the only allocator that we can give limits to where in the
> address range it can allocate. It seems to be overkill in this case
> though, it's just a page worth of data.

There's the ZONE stuff, but it doesn't help us because our ZONE_DMA ==
all of ram - we'd need to add another ZONE below that, which is generic
code :/

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person