Update on: MPC85xx git/MPC8548cds - PCI/PCIE problemS with Marvel SATA driver...

Morrison, Tom tmorrison at empirix.com
Sat Feb 24 09:47:22 EST 2007

Olof,

Are you saying that it must 'know' about the PCI id(s)
for this SATA card before it even probes that device???

Even though the module is compiled into the kernel and
I've verified that:

  a) the pci scan bus has detected this device
  b) that the sata_mv driver is registering itself
     as a PCI Device driver?

????

Also, fyi, its also complaining about the PCI Express
Root Bridge on the MPC8548 as an unknown device...

   manufacturer: 0x1957 (aka: Freescale)
   class: 0xFFFF

although that doesn't explain why the same PCI
Express SATA card / ~same sata_mv driver on an
Intel X86 platform doesn't get recognized either.

Thank you for any additional insight you have on this Olof!

Tom