macros and dtc

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Feb 19 03:58:44 EST 2007

After spending some time this weekend cleaning up dts files I figured
it would be nice if we can some to consensus on how we are going to
do macro support.  There is clearly a lot of duplication between
dts's and it only gets worse when you add in slight variations for
revs of boards.

I wasn't sure if we are thinking of using some style of preprocessor
(cpp, m4, etc..) or trying to add something into dtc itself.

However, I think it would be good for us to get some traction towards
a solution for in kernel dts files.

- k