[0/16] Preliminary Ebony (440GP) support for arch/powerpc

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 16 13:19:56 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 10:12:04AM +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> > I still have this issue, just haven't had a chance to figure out why
> > yet.  Likely because the openbios code is leaving garbage somewhere.
>
> More likely simply because openbios just puts different things in the
> registers on entry, and we're assuming it uses the same method OF
> does.  Need to fix the entry path, and get rid of the hardcoded a1 and
> a2 junk.

I looked a the openbios code this morning.  For all intents and purposes
the values it pases in r3 and r4 to the zImage wrapper really are
garbage.  However, you're right in that we need to fix the boot wrapper
to not assume all firmwares will follow similar conventions for the entry
path.

Is there a compat property or something similar that could be defined in
the DTS that the wrapper could look at to determine what to expect?

josh