USB Host controller for MPC8548e board

Michael Kelly mike at cogcomp.com
Wed Feb 14 12:39:15 EST 2007

The reason I asked here is that they are in the kernel and seem to be
as well supported.  I was
just more concerned if there were any PowerPC specific issues.  We
are likely going ahead
with the NEC (since that is what was used on the G5 MAC's, I think),
and we'll find out just how
well they work!  That's what prototypes are for.

Thanks,
Michael

At 08:19 PM 2/13/2007, Kumar Gala wrote:

>On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Michael Kelly wrote:
>
>>Hello all.  We are in the process of designing an MPC8548e board.  We
>>wish to add
>>USB host via either the NXP ISP1561 or NEC upd720101.  They are
>>both OHCI and
>>EHCI.
>
>Haven't worked with either of this, you're probably better asking
>about this on the linux-usb list.
>
>>Is there any general advice on one over the other or even if it is
>>realistic to have a USB
>>host controller on a big endian processor?
>
>There shouldn't be any issue with having a USB controller on a big-
>endian processor.
>
>If your connecting them over PCI it should pretty easy to get them up
>and running.
>
>- k

Michael J. Kelly
VP Engineering