[patch][0/5] powerpc V2 : Add support to fully comply with IEEE-754 standard

Zhu Ebony-r57400 ebony.zhu at freescale.com
Thu Feb 8 19:08:07 EST 2007

> >> Did you end up getting testfloat running?  I'd like to see some
> >> testing results before accepting these patches.  I think
> testfloat is
> >> our best bet at this point.
> >>
> > Hi Kumar,
> >
> > I looked into the testfloat suit, and found all the instructions it
> > tests (more than 50)should be implemented based on ASM.
>
> Don't follow?  Can't you build it with the e500 compiler?

The TestFloat suite provided the target of 386-Win32-gcc and
SPARC-Solaris-gcc only, and a template for user to porting his
own processor. Some general instructions are implemented in C,
but some CPU specific instructions like evfsmul need to be
implemented assemblely. To build it with e500 compiler we still
Have some porting work to do.

B.R.
Ebony