Booting a simple Program to a MCA IBM 7013J or BULL ESCALA 204 D

Ulrich Teichert krypton at ulrich-teichert.org
Thu Feb 1 06:33:19 EST 2007

Hi,

>I've a Bull ESCALA-D With MCA and 8 PPC 604 and one gig ram. I work for
>a few years on the booting and loading this box with linux.

Cool.

>My first step is loading and starting simple program via tftp-boot.
>
>I've attached a simple bootfile. This load and display an hexvalue
>to the Small user display, and loop until power off. This Programm use
>the BUMP-Processor.
>
>My next step is using the serial console...
>
>I think that all IBM MCA have a similarly boot and io concept.

I have a couple of MCA RS/6000 boxes to try this out on ;-)

>Are anyone interested  on linux on PPC-MCA?
[del]
I am, but never had the guts nor the time to do something. But next
weekend, I'll try to get my 320h to boot your test program,

Thanks,
Uli
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert at gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Single (Hushpuppies), Pay The Cobra
24539 Neumuenster, Germany|(The Bellrays), She's Got Standards (The Rifles)