Device tree aware EMAC driver

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Aug 23 17:30:36 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 13:56 +1000, David Gibson wrote:

> Jeff, I've discussed this with BenH, and although there are some
> problems with the driver still, we think it's good enough to merge in
> 2.6.24, the warts can be fixed up later.  Please apply...

Or to be more precise:

This driver will work well for 4xx platforms and will allow us to move a
big step toward getting rid of arch/ppc. The issues with DMA mapping
really only concern the case where this is used within the cell "Axon"
southbridge, which doesn't happen on any released product at this stage.

Ben.