Patches for ppc?

Phil Terry pterry at micromemory.com
Wed Aug 22 03:12:17 EST 2007

Ooops,

Sorry guys, this is probably the wrong forum and I didn't mean to sound
like I was trashing anyones efforts here.

As I said, I'm not picking on Freescale or anyone else on this list. I'm
just trying to understand this process as an embedded developer who
works at companies which use code bases provided by other 3rd parties.

I understand its an ongoing process, change is the only constant. So I
try not to whine that my particular board/chip/issue isn't fixed in the
latest kernel, patch, support package and I try to patch things up and
make progress on *my* project by pulling  bits and pieces together
hoping that my stuff will eventually get fixed.

But then I see comments from other people who I assume are in the same
boat and the response is, "no one uses that. Theres no demand for it.
We're dropping that" Its like when I go to a pub in England and ask for
a pint of "mild" ale. "We don't serve that here, there's no demand for
it." Huh, didn't I just demand it? So then I get worried, how do I know
who's plan and schedule include/excludes my board/chip/issue?

I was trying to raise that generic issue, which is why I tried to be
generic. Didn't mean to gore anyones ox.

Cheers
Phil (who now has to drink American Beer.....)